Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ouch! My First Major Derby Injury!

In Derby, it is no IF you will get injured only WHEN. For me, I apparently wanted to get it over with.
Salt City Derby Girls scrimmage every Thursday night. Last week it was Bomber Babes vs Sisters of No Mercy. Early in the game, I was hitting their jammer out and was suddenly hit from the opposite direction sending me down, landing on my sideways ankle in the process. As a result, severe sprain and no skating for two weeks. the worst part of all is the first bout for the Bomber Babes is this Saturday which I can not skate in it. BUMMER!

At least out of all of this I did score a pretty sweet bruise. I am swollen from my knee down, and the bruise is spreading everyday. Not bad for my first major derby injury!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Dang!! I hope you get better soon.

heidikins said...

Zomigoodness!!! Ouchie-cha-cha!

xox

Clay, Kyky & Jacks said...

Wow that is insane, i cant wait for you to play again so I can come watch you kick some trash!!Love YA

tyler and minde said...

Nice work...hope it heals quickly so you can get back out there. Your pictures look great.

The Hansen's said...

Wow, that is impressive. Hope you are back kicking butt soon.