Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Broken After All!

I admit it, I am the worst patient ever! I sprained my ankle 3 months ago, when I did, I refused to go to the doctor until the next morning when I could not stand the pain anymore. The I barely let my podiatrist uncle look at it that weekend when we were at his house. I turned purple from the knee down but I thought it was just a super severe sprain. So...

When my ankle started to feel better I started skating through the pain. I taped it up and still hurt up higher in my leg. I thought I had shin splints, due to all of the muscle trauma, so I taped up where it hurt and I was able to skate on it (that is probably what saved my leg in the end).

Come three months after I injured my ankle, I am finally persuaded to go see another doctor to make sure it is all healing properly (and maybe because it was still hurting a little). After a short exam and three trips to the x-ray room, they discover I actually BROKE my fibula when I sprained my ankle.

The worst part about the whole thing is having to admit to my husband that he was right. He thought that I had broken my fibula in the beginning.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

i hate it when they are right! jk, i am sorry about your leg, that really sucks. But at least now you know!

heidikins said...

Gaaaah!!! That's horrible! I'm so sorry honey, that is Super Sucktacular!

Hope it gets feeling better soon!

xox

The Keetch Klan said...

All I can say is You are one Tough Cookie when it comes to Pain tolerance I guess. Not too many people walk around and skate with a broken leg! You go girl. Love you!

ashley said...

nick is so smart. but being stubborn is so fun!